Friday 20 April 2012

Best ever chook feeder

I was looking for a chook feeder that wasn’t fiddly and time consuming to refill so Dine-A-Chook seemed like a good option for me.

To refill the Dine-A-Chook I don’t even have to bend over; the parts don’t warp and wear in such a way that it’s a battle to get it back together; and it sits in the sun without becoming brittle.







What I didn’t realise was that I was also getting a feeder that would simultaneously solve a heap of other problems I had come to accept as being part and parcel of feeding chooks – like the wild birds which come to eat then leave behind mites;  the vermin which carry disease; and the waste that comes from food going mouldy.



The first reaction people have when they see my Dine-A-Chook is “I reckon I can make one”—but I always explain that there’s much more to it than meets the eye.

You wouldn’t bother going through all the time, effort, cost and heartache of trial and error to get it right when you can just fast forward to the perfect set-up.

So refilling the feeder is now easy plus I don’t need to do it nearly as often as I used to because I’m going through so much less grain. My only regret is that Dine-A-Chook didn’t come along sooner!


I would hate to think back over the last decade and add up the money I’ve wasted in chook feed lost to mice, birds and mould. It has paid for itself many times over.

Dine-A-Chook is a healthy, easy way to feed gain and pellets that keeps both me and my chooks happy.

If you have chooks, you should get one!

If you have lots of chooks, you should get a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment