Wednesday 11 January 2012

Boys and girls are different!

This is a 17 day old chick.

Look at that tail!

Hamburgs have a particularly stunning tail, and I think this one has inherited it.








Here's a picture of them milling around just before bed time.

They are so quick and busy it wasn't until I came inside and was looking at the photos that something became obvious...


I think it's possible to tell their gender now from their developing combs.

Have a guess for the 4 pictured left.




I think this is a girl.













And this is a boy.


The rooster's comb is more plump and red.









Tomorrow I'll be able to do a count to see how many pullets will be needing a home soon.

I don't like splitting sisters from the same clutch up as part of their rehoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment