Thursday 19 January 2012

Chicks up to tricks.






This is a 25 day old chick.









This little guy has gone one step further than yesterday, actually reaching up into the feeder in search of some wheat.









Then he gets really inventive and hops right up!






Do you ever get that feeling that you've walked in on something?  I'm feeling like they are talking about something special at the grape vine and I'm not supposed to hear it.


That one in the centre is quite different looking to all the other chicks we usually have. I'm not sure what it will end up looking like but I can't wait to see.

Here is Miss Lilly -- her eggs should hatch tomorrow.  She is a first time mother so I have promised some of them to a work colleague to go under a clucky chook that has been sitting for 8 weeks.  That way Miss Lilly will only have a small clutch to raise.  If she is anything like her mother she will be fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment